San Pancho – Things To Do
THE PERFECT DAY IN SAN PANCHO
- Go for an early beach walk to connect with yourself and the sound of the waves. Breathe fresh air!
- Come back to Sundaram, shower listening to the jungle and birds. Go downstairs for a delicious breakfast in-house.
- Relax by the pool. Listen to your own calm music and just feel, read and enjoy the sun
- Get a massage or a facial to relax your mind and body – all in-house.
- Start thinking about lunch. You can have lunch made especially for you by arranging it ahead of time, or visit the local restaurants, easily accessible with our golf cart.
- Or just take a walk to town and enjoy the scenery.
- Take a long and deserved nap.
- Enjoy a great afternoon at the beach with the sun and surf. However, our ocean is not protected by the bay, so it is open sea, which means that the surf is a bit rough, please be careful.
- You must not miss the sunsets. San Pancho’s are stunning and world famous.
- Dinner time! Pick one of the local restaurants, or be adventurous and drive to Sayulita or the nearby towns to visit other restaurants.
Owners Restaurant Suggestions in San Pancho
- Mar Plata, right across the street from Sundaram. Upscale food, great music and ambiance.
- Cielo Rojo, great organic and local produce meals, freshly made and delicious.
- Maria´s, mainly breakfast and lunch, good Mexican style food and great friendly service.
- Toscana, good pizza, and great pastas. A lot of fun to watch people go by sitting outside.
- Dolce Amore, great Italian food, great salads, huge portions!! And great gelato!!
- Mexotik, one of our favorites, great gourmet fusion dinners, great ambiance and good spirits!!
- Barracuda, fresh seafood, great place.
- La Ola Rica, great place to see locals and close to the beach. Good food!
- Organi-K, delicious quick fresh made juices, acai bowls, great fresh ingredients.
Owners Restaurant Suggestions Outside of San Pancho
Sayulita (10 min south)
- Pizza Venezia, great Italian food and thin crust pizza
- Don Pedro´s right by the beach, good food and beautiful setting
- Mamma Mia, fantastic pastas
Bucerías (25 min south)
- Toscana Mia for dinner, one of the best Italian food restaurants around.
- La Postal, great breakfast, lunch and dinner, casual, steps from the beach.
- Sandrinas, great Mediterranean food and drinks, and chatskis.
- Karen’s Place right at the beach, great Mexican food and drink.
Owners Restaurant Suggestions – An Hour Away
- Salud Super Food, great healthy food and people watching
- Café des Artistes, fantastic upscale Mexican food with French influence. Reservations needed.
- El Arrayán, local Mexican food, great ambiance, right in downtown.
- La Cigale, French bistro, great upscale French food.
- Planeta Vegetariano, tucked away, a bit up the hill, wonderful vegetarian food
- By planning ahead, you can get very adventurous and book a horseback riding experience at the beach or nearby local places.
- There are plenty options for adventure trips all over the place: go Whale Watching (Nov thru March but the best months are January and February); go Bird Watching in San Pancho, it is a lot of fun and very interesting; take surfing lessons.
- Visit the many local shops and go wild with lots of beautiful things and souvenirs to buy or just window shop in Avenida Tercer Mundo, the main street.
- Everything is very close by and the locals are very friendly. The town is quaint, clean and safe.
- One of the best entertainment activities is to visit the Farmer´s Markets. Go early for fresh veggies and lots, lots of food, entertainment, people watching, souvenirs. (San Pancho on Tuesdays; Sayulita on Fridays; and La Cruz de Huanacaxtle on Sundays)
- If you want to try your culinary abilities, go grocery shopping and get creative in our own very well equipped kitchen. Or hire a personal chef and watch him/her do magic in front of you, while you enjoy a refreshing margarita.
- Visit La Patrona Polo Club that is opened to the public. Private horseback riding classes, restaurant. Check out: http://lapatronapoloclub.com/lapatrona/?lang=en
- For peace searching, do yoga! El Estar, http://www.el-estar.org/ and Yoga San Pancho, http://yogasanpancho.com/
- In Puerto Vallarta you can get to know the town or go on Wednesday evenings so you can enjoy Art Walk. http://vallartaartwalk.com.
- Walk in Malecón after dinner, very entertaining.
- Local On-line San Pancho News Paper for additional information and links: www.sanpancholife.com